As soon as you hop off the Put in Bay ferry you will see that the island is full of amazing things to see. From the natural wonders of Perry’s Cave to the attractions of downtown, you will love zooming around the island on your moped. Mopeds make a great alternative to a Put in Bay golf cart rental if you’re looking to try a new way to get around our lovely island.
Mopeds run all day on a single tank of fuel. While they are very easy to operate, every rider must be 18 years of age or older. Make a reservation for your moped before heading to the island. They’ll never overtake the golf carts in popularity, but they are beginning to close the gap! You’ll be able to find hourly and day rates. Moped rentals on the weeekends at $50/day while weekdays run at $40/day or $12/hour.
All mopeds are licensed and street legal. They include all required safety equipment including headlights, taillights, and turn signals.
Additional Moped Rentals Information
Mopeds operate under the same set of rules as cars. Use common sense and respect while operating them.
- -Be aware of your surrounding traffic at all times.
- -Move to the side for larger and faster traffic.
- -Do not stop your cart in the roadway, or on the edge of the road to sight-see.
- -Don’t drink and drive!!!!
- -Do not drive onto private property. Put-in-Bay is mainly residential property privately owned by individuals.
- -Wear your seatbelts. Also, make sure your kids are wearing theirs.
- -Stay seated at all times until the golf cart comes to a complete stop. Keep your seat belt fastened.
- -No U-turns.
- -If you want to bring your own golf cart to the island, you must contact your local Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to get your cart registered and licensed. Your cart must display an Ohio license plate from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Make sure you bring your registration along.