Benson Ford Ship House Tour On June 11th
On June 11th, visitors to Put-in-Bay will have the opportunity to check out the interior of an amazing PIB landmark and one of America’s most unique homes. The Benson Ford Ship House, once a freighter owned by Henry Ford, cut in half and converted into a home on the shore of South Bass Island, is a history buff’s dream. And for one afternoon, tours will be available for $40, with the proceeds raising funds for a couple of charitable island causes.
How to get tickets to the tour:
Tickets are available at http://bensonford611.eventbrite.com
If you plan to attend, please be aware that parking on-site is essentially non-existent, and event organizers ask that you take a taxi, or as a last resort, ride a golf cart down as opposed to a car.
If you can’t make it to the Bay on the 11th, there will also be a tour on August 27th. And if that doesn’t work either, you can tour the Ship House on your computer with this great virtual tour of the Benson Ford!
Need A Place To Stay For This Event? Check Out Our Favorites!
- Island Club Rentals (islandclub.com) – 216-898-9951
- Put-in-Bay Condos (putinbaycondos.com) – 216-898-1105
- Commodore Resort (commodoreresort.com) – 419-285-3101
- Victory Station Hotel (putinbayvictorystation.com) – 419-285-0120
- Bird’s Nest Resort (birdsnestresort.com) – 419-285-6119