English Pines offers the Victorian charm, gracious hospitality and comfort of a historic bed and breakfast. They also offer the conveniences of a hotel in our modern day. Visit them to enjoy all that English Pines Bed and Breakfast has to offer. Built in the mid 1800’s as an original settlers’ home, English Pines Bed and Breakfast is a lovely twelve-room bed and breakfast. It is situated on a couple quiet acres in the downtown Put-in-Bay area. English Pines is just steps away from the downtown hotels and a short walk to the putt-putt, caves, wineries, restaurants and downtown shops.
Doug and Liz Knauer are the current proprietors of this B&B. They invite you to enjoy their beautiful bed and breakfast during your vacation on South Bass Island. You will experience the serenity of island life while chilling out on one of the many porches or patios onsite. You can also watch the Put-in-Bay golf carts go by while resting or reading under one of the large historic pine trees on the lawn. Stroll downtown to admire the stunning splendor of Put-In-Bay’s natural harbor. Many guests visit the Nation’s third tallest national monument, the Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial.
Every morning of their stay, guests wake up to the aroma of fresh-ground gourmet coffee and guests begin their day with a full continental breakfast. Breakfast features a fresh baked or homemade specialty each day. Guests awaken finding waffles, cinnamon buns or even breakfast bread pudding as a specialty of the day. In addition, there is an offering of fresh seasonal fruit, muffins, bagels with cream cheese, jam, breads, and sweet rolls. A large selection of hot and cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, orange juice, milk, and fine teas round out the food options. English Pines Bed and Breakfast is proud to feature the finest of coffees from Caruso’s Coffee, and they offer guests a choice of a rich house blend or a gourmet flavored coffee.
-Nestled on two quiet acres in the downtown district.
-A short, five-minute walk to shops and restaurants.
-Within walking distance to the winery and caves.
-Steps from the new Put-in-Bay Convention Center.
-Bountiful and delicious continental breakfast served daily.
-Gracious and hospitable innkeepers.
-Relaxing and casual atmosphere.
-Rooms feature air-conditioning and cable television.
-Refrigerators and hair dryers available in many rooms.
-Wireless Internet access.
-A meeting room for group functions.
-Ample outdoor areas to enjoy.
-Picnic area with tables and grill.
-Pool privileges at area pools.
-Parking for watercraft trailers.
In order to make your stay at English Pines Bed and Breakfast more comfortable and enjoyable, guests are asked to observe the following policies:
- -Guests may check in between 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. or by appointment. Check-out is at 11:30 a.m.
- -English Pines Bed and Breakfast maintains a smoke-free environment. Guests are asked to smoke on patio areas only.
- -Unregistered guests are not allowed on the property at any time.
- -Quiet time is observed in all areas of the property from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- -Children are welcome weekdays.
- -Our cancellation policy requires cancellation two weeks prior to check-in. Cancellations made after that time will result in a credit card charge of a one-night stay. A $25 administrative fee is charged for all cancellations.
- -English Pines Bed and Breakfast accepts most major credit cards. A credit card number is required to hold your reservation until check-in
Need a taxi to get from the ferry boat to English Pines? Call one of our Put-in-Bay Taxis for quick service.